Sharing your excess homegrown goodness with those in need.
The Backyard Bounty Project provides an opportunity for beautiful homegrown produce, that is surplus your needs, to be freely given to those experiencing tough times, by linking community member’s and their backyard bounties with established food pantries and community centres in our city. The share-point will redistribute your generous donations as part of their regular food hamper services.
We will provide a list of share-point locations and times, where you can drop off your “gifts of goodness” at your own leisure! See Below ….
For more information on becoming a recipient Share-Point Organisation for The Backyard Bounty Project, please contact Danielle Wednesday-Friday 9am-3pm on 0435 418646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current participating recipient share-points:
- Toowoomba Community Baptist Church Food Pantry 100 Glenvale Road, Harristown. Monday-Thursday 9am to 12noon. Drop them in to reception. (07) 4633 3173
- Harlaxton Neighbourhood Centre 17D Coonan St, Harlaxton. Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm. (07) 4639 2868
- Protea Place 131 Russell St, Toowoomba City. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am-2pm. (07) 4613 1378
- Tony’s Kitchen 174A James St, South Toowoomba. 7 days, 9am-6.30pm. Ring the doorbell to alert volunteers or drop around the back if unattended. (07) 4602 0888
- Highfields Church of Christ Food Pantry 6 Highfields Rd, Highfields. Friday 9am-12noon. Outside of these hours, donations can be left on a table at the back door with a note. Phone Matt on 0408 304 776 or email email@example.com
- Wilsonton Heights Neighbourhood Centre 14 Wine Drive, Wilsonton Heights. Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am-4.30pm. (07) 4634 7672
Why this is important?
- Reducing food waste is essential for planetary health.
- Nutritious food is paramount for good human health. Good health allows us to participate in life to the full, including education, employment, social and physical activities.
- Families who experience food insecurity regularly, have poorer health now and later on in life. Your surplus bounty can be someone else’s blessing, what a lovely thought!